Why not eat crazy hot sauce while talking about the complexities of editing an anthology? Listen and find out why. This is a two-part episode. Featuring Adam Petrash & Darren Ridgley, co-editors of PARALLEL PRAIRIES, and Keith Cadieux, co-editor of THE SHADOW OVER PORTAGE AND MAIN.
This episode is inspired by my favourite YouTube show (really the only one I watch): HOT ONES with Sean Evans
Here are the hot sauces we devoured:
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Pain Is Good Jalapeño — this was the most delicious of all of them. Buy this sauce through my affiliate link to support the podcast
- Pain Is Good Habanero — this one really fucked me up! Buy this sauce through my affiliate link to support the podcast
- Pain Is Good Garlic Style — delicious also. Buy this sauce through my affiliate link to support the podcast
We eat the really crazy hot sauces in Part 2! Tears are shed.
- Matouk’s Soca
- Matouk’s Calypso
- Dave’s Insanity Sauce — by far, this was the absolute hottest sauce I have ever had in my life and I hope to never have it again. This is where Keith and Darren quit. Buy this sauce through my affiliate link to support the podcast
- Aubrey D. Rebel Scorpion — this one fucked Adam up. I found it not a big deal. It was hot but it was like a cakewalk after Dave’s Insanity Sauce. I actually had a second wing. Buy this sauce through my affiliate link to support the podcast
- Hot Ones: The Last Dab — this one on paper is the hottest sauce we ate but again I found it no big deal after Dave’s Insanity Sauce — I had a second wing of this one too.
Support the podcast by buying these anthologies directly from me! Each contains a short story by yours truly and I will sign your copy.
Writing the Wrong Way with Jonathan Ball, PhD is the perfect podcast for serious writers who want to stand out in a crowded industry by becoming more productive while taking more artistic risks.
Jonathan Ball, an author with a PhD in literature, interviews writers, screenwriters, musicians, filmmakers, and other artist entrepreneurs, going deep on various topics related to writing, editing, screenwriting for film and television, comics and graphic novels, games and multimedia writing, humour, horror, and any other topic you can imagine.
Episodes range from interviews and panel discussions to solo shows where Jonathan breaks down complex concepts into practical approaches through close analysis or answers a variety of questions.
Music by Patrick Short (aka Electric Candles), who is better known as Kindest Cuts
Photography by Michael Sanders of Electric Monk Media
Art Design by author S.M. Beiko
Thank you for listening!